The Maui Gold Elephant Ears plant, scientifically known as Alocasia macrorrhizos ‘Maui Gold,’ is a stunning tropical plant that adds a touch of exotic beauty to any garden or indoor space. With its large, glossy leaves and vibrant golden hues, this plant is a true marvel. In this blog post, we will explore the characteristics, care requirements, and unique features of the Maui Gold Elephant Ears plant.
The Maui Gold Elephant Ears plant is known for its striking foliage. Its leaves are heart-shaped, reaching up to 2 feet long and 1.5 feet wide. The glossy texture of the leaves enhances their visual appeal, while their vibrant golden color adds a touch of elegance to any setting. The plant can grow up to 8 feet tall, making it a perfect choice for those looking to create a statement piece in their garden or indoor space.
1. Air Purification: Like many other foliage plants, the Maui Gold Elephant Ears plant helps improve air quality by filtering toxins and releasing oxygen. Its large leaves have a significant surface area, making it an effective natural air purifier.
2. Versatility: This plant can thrive both indoors and outdoors. It can be grown in containers as a statement piece or planted directly in the ground to create a lush tropical garden. Its versatility makes it suitable for various settings, including homes, offices, or even public spaces.
1. Lighting: The plant thrives in bright, indirect light. It should be placed in a location that receives partial shade, especially during the hottest hours of the day.
2. Watering: Adequate watering is essential for the Maui Gold Elephant Ears plant. Keep the soil consistently moist, but avoid overwatering, as it can lead to root rot. Regularly check the top inch of soil and water when it feels dry to the touch.
3. Temperature and Humidity: This tropical plant prefers warm temperatures between 65°F and 85°F (18°C to 29°C). It also enjoys high humidity levels, so misting the leaves occasionally or placing a humidifier nearby is beneficial.
4. Soil and Fertilizer: Plant the Maui Gold Elephant Ears in well-draining soil enriched with organic matter. Fertilize the plant every few weeks during the growing season with a balanced fertilizer, following the instructions on the packaging.
Questions or Concerns
Email us: [email protected]
Message us on one of our Esty shops
Where to purchase
You can purchase this on our Esty shop