Welcome to the ultimate care guide for Tradescantia ‘Jose Puig’! This beautiful flowering plant is native to Mexico and is sure to brighten any home or office. With its bright green, oval-shaped leaves and deep pink and purple flowers, it adds a cheerful touch to any setting.
Caring for isn’t difficult, but there are some things to remember. Here’s your complete guide to keeping your plant healthy and happy:
- 1. Light: Prefers bright, indirect sunlight. Place it near a window where it will get plenty of light without being in direct sunlight. You can also supplement the light with fluorescent grow lights if needed.
- 2. Water: Water your regularly, but avoid overwatering it. Allow the top inch or two of the soil to dry out before watering again. Too much water can cause root rot, so it’s wise to remember how much you give your plants.
- 3. Temperature: does best in temperatures between 65-75°F. Avoid placing it in areas that get too hot or cold.
- 4. Soil: prefers well-draining soil rich in organic matter. Use a mix of potting soil, perlite, and compost for the most effective results.
- 5. Fertilizer: Fertilize your plant every couple of weeks with a balanced liquid fertilizer diluted to half strength.
- 6. Pruning: You can prune it to keep it looking at its peak. Cut back any dead or yellowing leaves, and use sharp, sterilized scissors to trim them back.
With the right care, your Tradescantia ‘Jose Puig’ will stay healthy and bright. Be sure to follow these tips and your plant will be a cheerful addition to your home. Enjoy!