Pothos Njoy (Epipremnum aureum ‘Njoy’) is a cultivar of the pothos plant, which is native to Southeast Asia. It is a popular houseplant because of its beautiful, variegated foliage and its ease of care. Here are some details about pothos Njoy cuttings:
- Appearance: Pothos Njoy has heart-shaped leaves that are variegated with shades of green and white. The leaves are glossy and can grow up to 4 inches long.
- Propagation: Pothos Njoy can be propagated through stem cuttings. To take a cutting, simply cut a stem that is at least 4-6 inches long and has at least one node (where a leaf attaches to the stem). Remove the lower leaves and place the cutting in water or soil to root.
- Growth rate: Pothos Njoy is a fast-growing plant and can quickly fill out a hanging basket or climb a trellis.
- Light requirements: Pothos Njoy can tolerate low to bright indirect light, but will thrive in bright, indirect light. Direct sunlight can scorch the leaves.
- Watering requirements: Pothos Njoy prefers to dry out slightly between waterings. Water thoroughly when the top inch of soil is dry, but be careful not to overwater as this can lead to root rot.
- Humidity requirements: Pothos Njoy prefers moderate to high humidity levels, but can tolerate lower humidity levels. You can increase humidity levels by misting the plant or placing a tray of water nearby.
- Fertilizer requirements: Pothos Njoy benefits from regular fertilization during the growing season (spring and summer). Use a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer every two weeks, following the package instructions.
Pothos Njoy cuttings are relatively easy to care for and can thrive in a wide range of conditions. Here are some general guidelines for taking care of pothos njoy cuttings:
- Watering: Pothos Njoy cuttings should be watered thoroughly, but allow the top inch of soil to dry out before watering again. Overwatering can lead to root rot, so make sure the soil has proper drainage.
- Light: Pothos Njoy cuttings prefer bright, indirect sunlight but can tolerate low-light conditions. Direct sunlight can scorch the leaves, so avoid placing the plant in direct sunlight.
- Temperature: Pothos Njoy cuttings prefer temperatures between 60-85°F (16-29°C). Avoid exposing the plant to extreme temperatures, such as near heating or air conditioning vents.
- Humidity: Pothos Njoy cuttings prefer moderate to high humidity levels. You can increase humidity levels by placing a tray of water near the plant or by using a humidifier.
- Fertilizer: Pothos Njoy cuttings can benefit from regular fertilization during the growing season (spring and summer). Use a balanced, water-soluble fertilizer every two weeks, following the package instructions.
- Pruning: Pothos Njoy cuttings can benefit from periodic pruning to encourage bushier growth and prevent legginess. Use clean, sharp pruning shears to make clean cuts just above a leaf node.
- Repotting: Pothos Njoy cuttings should be repotted every 1-2 years, or when the roots start to outgrow the pot. Use a well-draining potting mix and a pot that is slightly larger than the current one.
By following these guidelines, you can ensure your pothos Njoy cuttings stay healthy and continue to thrive.
Where to Purchase?
You can buy these cuttings at our Esty shop. Happy Shopping!!
Any Questions or Concerns?
If you are still having trouble with your cuttings, feel free to email us at [email protected].