Pink Butterfly Kisses
Pink Echinacea Butterfly Kisses is an eye-catching perennial flower that is sure to bring beauty to any garden. This flower is a stunning shade of pink, with each petal boasting an intricate design reminiscent of a butterfly’s wings. It blooms in the summertime, unleashing its colorful display that will last until the first frost. The plant can grow up to 24” tall and has a long blooming season. The foliage of the plant is dark green and lance-shaped. The flowers are attractive to bees, butterflies, and hummingbirds, making it a great addition to a wildlife garden.
Easy to care for and drought tolerant. It prefers well-drained soil, and thrives in full sun. Water only when the soil is dry and cut back spent flowers for continued blooming. It is a hardy perennial and will come back year after year. This flower is sure to be a welcome addition to any garden, adding a splash of color and a hint of whimsy.
Echinacea Butterfly Kisses Pink is a perennial plant that produces beautiful pink flowers. Here is a step-by-step care guide to help you grow and maintain this plant:
- Location: Choose a location with full sun exposure for at least 6 hours a day. Prefers well-drained soil, so make sure the soil is not too soggy.
- Soil: Prefers well-drained soil that is slightly acidic to neutral (pH 6.0 to 7.0). Amend the soil with organic matter like compost or aged manure to improve drainage and nutrient availability.
- Watering: Water regularly, especially during hot, dry weather. Make sure the soil stays consistently moist but not waterlogged. Avoid overhead watering as this can cause fungal diseases.
- Fertilizing: Fertilize with a balanced fertilizer like 10-10-10 once a month during the growing season. Alternatively, you can use a slow-release fertilizer applied in early spring.
- Pruning: Deadhead spent flowers regularly to encourage more blooms. Cut the stems back to the base of the plant in early spring to promote new growth and prevent the plant from becoming too leggy.
- Pest and disease control: Echinacea Butterfly Kisses Pink is generally resistant to pests and diseases. However, you should keep an eye out for common problems like powdery mildew and spider mites. If you notice any signs of these issues, treat the plant with a fungicide or insecticide according to the instructions on the label.
By following these simple steps, you can grow and maintain a healthy and beautiful Echinacea Butterfly Kisses Pink plant.